Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Needed: One More Student for 'Shibori Basics: Itajime, Arashi, and Kumo Techniques'

Arashi shibori pattern, indigo dyed on cotton muslin

If you want to learn more about shibori-resist techniques using cotton and indigo dye, I'll be offering a one-day workshop very soon on this ancient art form.

On Friday, February 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Weaving and Fiber Arts Center in East Rochester, we'll look at the fundamentals of itajime (shape-resist), arashi (pole-wrapping) and kumo (pleat and bind) shibori with indigo on cotton fabrics. You'll leave with lots of samples and instructions on how to shape, wrap, and fold your way to beautiful patterns in blue on white cotton fabric, along with basic recipes for dyeing with indigo.

For more on this class and others, visit the Weaving and Fiber Arts Center. You may register online or contact me at dkovn@hotmail.com for more information.


No comments:

Can You Name Your 10 Favorite Weaving Books? These Are Mine.

  For me, hands down, my list starts with this one. Not because this is how I learned to weave or even because this is how I learned that we...